The Woodlake Seniors had a meeting on February 12, 2013 at the Clubhouse to discuss future plans for the year and to enjoy seeing each other after a long hiatus before the holidays. It was very enjoyable get-together and all the desserts and treats were just super.
We discussed changing the name of the group to be more inclusive of many of the residents of Woodlake whom we hope will join us. We are asking each of you to respond and vote for the name you feel best describes our organization.
The suggestions were:
- Woodlake New Beginners
- Woodlake Leisure Club
- Woodlake Adult Social Club
- Woodlake 55 Plus Community Group
We discussed the coming year and each member will help to organize and prepare a month’s meeting. The following is the tentative schedule for the coming year. Some of the destinations and plans may be changed but you will be notified well in advance about any such changes and the details involved. If any of you would like to step up with another suggestion, let us know. At present the meetings will be on the third Tuesday of the month. Some meetings may change due to limitations of the speaker or venue.
Tentative Schedule for 2013
- March - Breakfast meeting, local restaurant
- April - Powerpoint presentation on Woodlake at Clubhouse
- May - Boat trip on Jordan Lake
- June - Tiger Preserve, Pittsboro
- July - Water Exercise, Woodlake Pool
- August - No meeting
- September - Mordecai House, Raleigh
- October - Fruit Cake company and store
- November - Presentation on travel/gardens by David White at Clubhouse
- December - Christmas party in Clubhouse
We can also schedule trips elsewhere. If you are planning to visit a museum, show or movie and would like others to join you, send an email to us and it will be forwarded to all the members.
Don’t forget to vote on a name for our group!
See you in March.