Leaving valuables in your car or going out of town increases the risk of break-ins. Some thieves may be walking through the neighborhood at night and looking into car windows for possible items to steal. Remember the following tips to make your coming months safer and more secure!
- Lock your car if it's parked on the street or in your driveway
- Don't leave easily visible valuables in your car
- If you're away, use a timer to turn lights on and off at night
- Be sure to close and lock all your ground floor windows before you leave home
- If you have a home alarm or car alarm system, use it
- Let your neighbors know you'll be away; ask them to pick up newspapers that are on your driveway or yard
- If you see suspicious activities or persons, call the police at 911
To receive safety information and updates, sign up for Woodlake Listserv at www.woodlakecommunity.com.